世界对着它的爱人,把它浩翰的面具揭下了。
它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻。
the world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.
it becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
if you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。
her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.
有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。
我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
once we dreamt that we were strangers.
we wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
静静地听,我的心呀,听那世界的低语,这是它对你求爱的表示呀。
listen, my heart, to the whispers of the world with which it makes
love to you.
不要因为峭壁是高的,便让你的爱情坐在峭壁上。
do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.
我今晨坐在窗前,世界如一个路人似的,停留了一会,向我点点头又走过去了。
i sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops
我不能选择那最好的。
是那最好的选择我。
i cannot choose the best.
the best chooses me.
绿树长到了我的窗前,仿佛是喑哑的大地发出的渴望的声音。
the trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.
我的心把她的波浪在世界的海岸上冲激着,以热泪在上边写着她的题记:“我爱你。”
my heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon
it her signature in tears with the words, "i love thee."
我说不出这心为什么那样默默地颓丧着。
是为了它那不曾要求,不曾知道,不曾记得的小小的需要。
i cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.
it is for small needs it never asks, or knows or remembers.
鸟儿愿为一朵云。
云儿愿为一只鸟。
the bird wishes it were a cloud.
the cloud wishes it were a bird.
世界在踌躇之心的琴弦上跑过去,奏出忧郁的乐声。
the world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making
the music of sadness.
他把他的刀剑当作他的上帝。
当他的刀剑胜利的时候他自己却失败了。
he has made his weapons his gods.
when his weapons win he is defeated himself.
阴影戴上她的面幕,秘密地,温顺地,用她的沉默的爱的脚步,跟在“光”后边。
shadow, with her veil drawn, follows light in secret meekness,
with her silent steps of love.
我们如海鸥之与波涛相遇似地,遇见了,走近了。海鸥飞去,波涛滚滚地流开,我们也分别了。
like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.
the seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart.
我们把世界看错了,反说它欺骗我们。
we read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。
let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.